Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Life (The Remnant pt. 2)

Another Easter has been celebrated and is now history.   After Jesus' death and resurrection the message of hope could not be extinguished or even contained and it flourished around the world! A reminder that as the physical remnant of Jesus the disciples went out into every part of the world and spread the good news!
Holy Land Trip 2010.  In the Garden Tomb with our group.

"But now, for a brief moment, the Lord our God is leaving us a remnant and giving us a firm place in his sanctuary, and so God gives light to our eyes.....he has granted us new life to rebuild the house of our God and repair its ruins...and he has given us a wall of protection"    Ezra 9:8, 9b

Going back centuries we know that the Persian kings were disposed to the Jewish remnant until Cyrus gave them permission to return to Jerusalem.   Xerxes (486-465BC) granted them the privileges, rights and protection that they had prayed for and believed in.  They once again flourished as a great people.  Isaiah had prophesied that the Lord would restore Jerusalem's ruins and that they would "burst into singing." (Isaiah 52:9)

That bursting into singing reminds me of my very first visit back to the Crystal Cathedral since 2008.   It was on Sunday, March 25th.  As the service began and the organ and choir broke into "Joyful, Joyful" voices all around me joined in singing a new song!  Yes, by most appearances it was the same one that had been an opening tradition for years at the service once known for it's excellent music including a world famous choir, organ, and orchestra.  But something had forever changed that day.   What seemed to be lost was once again found.
 I was present and very much a part of a remnant of what once was that day.   I wish I could say I was one of those singing but truth be told I was too filled with emotion so when I tried to sing, not a word would come out of my mouth.  It was a beautiful experience and I am convinced that God is weaving bits and pieces of what was into a new and beautiful garment of love and hope.

When you think something is over, it might not be.  When you think it is dead, it might just be sleeping.  When you're sure "it is finished", things might be starting anew.   God can take the scraps and the leftovers, the hurt, the pain, and make something new and beautiful.    I believe he is giving new vitality and joy to the Crystal Cathedral congregation and he is restoring the church for His glory.

 Situations can be confusing, painful,  and disheartening but because of the great historical event of the resurrection we can have hope in any challenge we face today.  Remember that great song from Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang.?  Look it up.  "From the ashes come the roses of success."

When You are Down,  Look Up!
God is blessing you,  Donna

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Donna for the inspiration of your post, Easter message of hope and sharing your most personal story on hearing "Joyful, Joyful" again at Crystal Cathedral. I too would have cried!!!

    I had to look up "From the Ashes come the Roses of Success" as I have never seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! But I found a video musical of the song which certainly is a great reminder to all to be patient and Roses fill come one way or another, like a "Phoenix". Anyone can copy and paste or type the link in, and enjoy the song and words you referenced! Have a wonderful day and again now I will re-watch the video to start my day most positively!

    Video from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

    "From the ashes come the roses of success"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GND10sWq0n0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donna,
    I'm glad that you had a good experience at the CC
    when you returned. It sounds like you felt God's healing touch at the service.
    It does help to look up when I'm down.
    May God continue to bless you.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Donna for the inspiration of your post, Easter message of hope and sharing your most personal story on hearing "Joyful, Joyful" again at Crystal Cathedral.

    I had to look up "From the Ashes come the Roses of Success" as I have never seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! But I found a video musical of the song which certainly is a great reminder to all to be patient and Roses fill come one way or another, like a "Phoenix". Anyone can copy and paste or type the link in, and enjoy the song and words you referenced! Have a wonderful day and again now I will re-watch the video to start my day most positively!

    Video from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

    "From the ashes come the roses of success"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GND10sWq0n0

    YouTube - Videos from this email

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed Bobby's Easter message last Sunday & Dr. Wilkes had a great sermon this week. Also enjoyed Robert's scripture reading & interview with Michael Chang, even though it was obviously a "cut & paste job" from a much older service when Robert was still wearing his robe. Hopefully he & Bobby will be speaking "live" in the future. We are enjoying The Hour of Power again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too watched HoP and enjoyed it all, from Robert's scripture and interview of Michael Chang through the current sermon of Dr Wilkes! And in hoping to see Bobby and Robert and Donna occasionally on new broadcasts, I was taken by how well Dr Wilkes' sermon fitted right along with Bobby's and Michael's Tree of Life series as we read the Bible in a year together! We are essentially at Joshua (or a bit past depending on where each person has read) and crossing the Jordon and that was the subject of the sermon with a few extra defining comments on that story to add to Michael's daily commentary and questions for us! How well HE is Blessing us with a renewed opportunity to add HoP to our other readings, local services and Donna's Blogspot! AMEN and AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...the HOP is back! What a thrill to hear/see the choir, beautiful music and RAS! What a resurrection. I am praying for the CC staff and hope that God's will be done w/ the HOP and the CC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watched the latest HoP/CCM and though a small part was from an old broadcast, (Robert interview of Cystic Fibrosis affected young lady who raises donations for CF), how appropriate as this is CF month here in Canada! The new sermon by Dr Wilkes and the add'l interview of his with a young pianist was most inspiring!

    A remnant saved from an old broadcast was as good now as years past and the message and story is just as valid today. Piecing the old but good, to the brand new, is very interesting. I like it and though the old robes are a sign of an old interview, I see it more as a reminder that good things last and should be kept not forgotten. And while I am using these HoP services midweek as I can attend my local church on Sunday, I know that many are in hospitals or care facilities and can only get a full service sense by watching HoP on TV.
    GOD is Blessing all, always

    J-M

    PS I was once bedridden or at most in a chair at home for 3 years and HoP was there for me, so my best wishes to the new HoP team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that new CCM/HoP can piece together an old interview by RAS with a Cystic Fibrosis young lady (it is now CF week/month 2012) and together with a new interview and sermon by Rev Dr Wilkes, produce a meaningful broadcast. Just shows never throw away a good piece (RAS interview) as it will fit right in well at a future date.

    As one who relied on CCM/HoP for several years when I was kept home-limited due to health, I know CCM/HoP does so much for so many. I am thrilled I can add them to my Sunday church, that I can now attend. But I am mindful of those in care facilities or bedridden and need a CCM/HoP.

    HE is blessing all, always

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Please try to stay on the topic and remember also that there are many who are struggling through all kinds of challenges. Let's all be kind and thoughtful with our comments please! :D