Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sleep Deprivation Can Be Deadly!

In Chapter 3 in my new book, "Healthy Family, Happy Life: What Healthy Families Learn From Healthy Moms I talk about the epidemic of sleep deprivation.  Did you know that if you don't get enough sleep it can cause all kinds of health problems?  Or did you know that you will more than likely be heavier if you don't sleep enough?  I know....that probably doesn't make sense because you're thinking, "but if I'm not sleeping surely I'm burning more calories!"  Not true.  If you don't sleep well or if you're not getting enough hours of sleep each night you are messing with your hormones, your moods, and your health.

source 

 You can see by looking at this chart that not getting enough sleep is nothing to ignore.  Sleep deprivation can encourage the development of some very serious diseases which in-turn can lead to an early death.
I want you to start "sleeping like a baby" so please buy my book !  And....I couldn't resist sharing a photo of my new grandson....asleep!

Christian Sutton Sinclair at 4 days old.


  Here is only one of the fourteen practical tips I offer on this chapter on sleep:







Tip  #2  "If you are having trouble going to sleep or staying asleep do not eat or drink anything caffeinated after 12:00pm (noon time).  This would include coffee, tea, chocolate, most soft-drinks, or eating anything that has chocolate or cocoa in it.  (sorry....I know this is yummy stuff but your health could be suffering from no sleep) Eat and drink your caffeinated products in the morning.







If you are having a real problem sleeping 8-9 hours a night please consider buying my book here and you will be on your way to a healthier and a happier life!

"When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet."
Proverbs 3:24

To reach me by email:  Donna@DonnaSchuller.com

3 comments:

  1. I got my soft cover copy in the mail yesterday! I know I am going to get at least 2 copies more to pass to my daughters and sister. The look and "feel" of the colorful, glossy cover, then to see it was type-set in a good size type, well-spaced, really was the "topping" of a joy-filled opening of HEALTHY family, HAPPY life. As I read, learn and love what is sure to be a great help to myself and I believe, to my whole family I am going to enjoy this book and it's stories advice and inspiration!

    Thank you for writing and sharing your knowledge and good approach to wellness.

    God is blessing all always.

    J-M

    PS I immediately read the Intro and first 2 chapters. The writing style is so engaging, I can almost hear your voice in my head as I read it. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian Sutton Sinclair is a beautiful baby! Congratulations to all;

    Not to put too much from me on your blog but just read about putting in a garden to have some fresh lettuce etc and about doing so with the kids/grandchildren to teach them good habits and the joy of growing your own.. Gr8 as we were gonna put one in, as we did with our children years ago, but now with Grandchildren and less ability to do a big garden as when we were younger, your ideas re smaller deck or potted vegetable ways have my wife enthused that we could do this and have a vegetable garden again. One of my daughters who is in a condo building also thinks she will do one on the balcony with her 2 1/2 and 4 year-old's.

    J-M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this important information, Donna. Also your new grandson is so adorable.
    Blessings to all.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Please try to stay on the topic and remember also that there are many who are struggling through all kinds of challenges. Let's all be kind and thoughtful with our comments please! :D