Are there some days that you just don't feel that happy? Although I'm not one to tell people to deny their painful circumstances in life, here are a few quick fixes to talk yourself into a better mood. The following are some tested and true ways that will help you overcome the temporary blues.
1) Listen to some music. Turn on your home or car stereo or plug--in your ear buds on that iPod. Music is a sure way to make you feel better. If you can sing along, that's even better!
2) Do something generous. Even donating $5 to a cause at the check-out line at the grocery store will help you feel better. Giving of your time is just as important. Return that shopping cart for the older person in the parking lot or help them load their groceries into their car.
3) Go outside. Even if you have only five minutes. Science has proven again and again that getting out in nature does something great for the brain. Take a walk around the block after someone says something to upset you. You'll feel so much better.
4) Look through your photographs. Remembering happy times gone-by is a great way to boost your mood. If you feel stuck in a rut, reliving some great memories will remind you that your life isn't all that bad, that maybe the next vacation or fun time spent with loved-ones is just around the corner.
5) Pray and meditate. Over and over again, scientific studies prove that people who make a habit of regularly spending time in prayer have lower blood pressure, more patience, less anxiety, and are overall more happy from the inside out.