Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Heartfelt Things in 2016

"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."   Proverbs 4:23




 This year I need to focus on "soul matters."  I've had some "stuff" come up from the past and I know I need some work.  For the next month or so I will be incorporating some of my previous (revised) posts on goal-setting as I also try to work out how to sort out my personal new year's goals. At the same time I will hopefully allow my challenging or painful experiences from the past heal and propel me to a better version of me.  I've done this "work" before but there's another layer needs peeling away so bare with me as I share with you. I believe that matters of the heart and soul are the most important ones.  Many people focus on the physical aspects of health when in reality ever bit of health emanates from the soul.  Everything about us hinges on how well we are spiritually and emotionally. 
It's January 6th today and technically it's the last day of Christmas.  If you've left your decorations up it's okay!  Today is known as epiphany or "Three Kings Day."  Most of us celebrate Christmas only on December 25th and then we can’t wait to take down the tree and box-up all the great things that go along with it. This year I flew out on December 30th and since I knew I wouldn't be home until later in January I went ahead and took everything down early.  I really feel cheated because I enjoy looking at my kids and grandkids' stockings, as they increase in number each year.  I love the sparkling lights that I leave on until late every night, the manger scene, special candles, and all the nutcrackers who stand guard around my living room.  
 I think there is a lot to be said for relishing and hanging on to the enjoyable things in life.  After all most of us run at full-speed most of the time and that’s just not good for any of us! Soul Matters means paying attention and knowing when we are "out of whack."
This year I’m going to give you eight goals to strive for which aim to encourage your health and wellness in 2016 and beyond.   I know I want to lead a vigorous and fulfilling life emotionally, physically, and spiritually and I'm willing to do the work to get me there.  My topics over-lap with some of the things I cover in my newest book "Healthy Family Happy Life" but I hope you'll find a few new take-aways as there is always so much more to learn about leading a healthy and a happy life!  
Here’s a list of what I’ll be writing on over the next several weeks.  Hopefully these simple things will help you feel more blessed, thankful, and productive.  A personal goal of mine is to help you nurture and build an awesome environment for personal growth and well-being as you focus on how to:
1    Be curious-new studies show why asking questions or learning something new is good for you.
2    Be generous-how giving back promotes long-life and a sense of purpose.
3    Be grateful-learn to concentrate on what all you do have.  Being aware of things around you.
4   -Be healthy-helpful tips for being all you can be in body, mind, and spirit.
5    Be present-when you are with a person be with them.  Also... "digital detox."
6    Be intentional-how to schedule and make time for those you love and the things you want to do.
7    Be you-authenticity is the way to go, even when it's difficult to fit-in to popular culture.
8    Breathe-discover ways to decrease your stress levels with proper breath.   
What are you hoping to achieve in 2016?  I’d love to hear more about what you're up to so please keep in touch with your comments and your ideas.     * If you are interested in my book you can contact me here and for a suggested donation of $10 plus shipping I will sign one and send it to you.

To reach me you can write to me at:  Donna@DonnaSchuller.com

1 comment:

  1. Dear Donna,

    I was excited to read your 8 commitments for this year and I will take them into my own goalsetting. I live in Belgium and I visited in 2009 the Crystal Cathedral in Anaheim, one of the most spiritual experiences in my life. I was also a great fan of the 'Hour of Power'.
    I'm writing my own book at this moment, called 'The greatest power source is yourself'(in Dutch for the readers in the flemisch part of Belgium and Holland).

    Many thanks for your inspiration! I wish you all the luck and success!

    Ludo Dehandschutter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Please try to stay on the topic and remember also that there are many who are struggling through all kinds of challenges. Let's all be kind and thoughtful with our comments please! :D